Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Tasting Notes: 2 Brothers - Growler

Format change on the tasting notes.... Mrs Geek thinks I should just ramble my thoughts on the beers... as I have a tendancy to do after a couple.

First, I wonder if the 2 Brothers are Geeks?? <crickets>

Secondly, I'm going to mention the label. The Label although quite simple, really jumps out at you, the chainsaw does it's job of making the bottle look appealing... or may just be my love for things that burn fossil fuels ;)


After it was poured into my Philadelphia Brewing Company Pint Glass <personally bought on my last trip>, the head lasted for all of about 15 seconds, by the time the camera was out, it had all but vanished.... personally, this doesn't bother me!

The colour is a nice dark Brown...

I will interject here and say I am QUITE partial to a Brown/Amber Ale, I think I have single handedly kept the Malt Shovel Brewery in business for the last couple of years purchasing their James Squires Amber Ale!

The aroma is magnificent with the Maltyness, a slight roastyness and a tinge of Hoppyness... insert <somethingness> here.

The taste is amazing, with a big Malty Flavour and very subdued, if at all, bitterness...... the type of beer I could drink for hours... it almost seams a very thick, almost syrupy beer.... right down my alley.

Absolutely fantastic, I can't believe I only bought one bottle, this is going on the list for a few more!!... just read the 2 brothers Brewery does Growlers, ON THE LIST!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment