Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Labels.... WTF are you talking about them for??

You may be wondering why I'm blogging about labels???? Or not....

It struck me as I was perusing the shelves of a much loved Craft Brew vendor..... some labels are rather bland, and some aren't.

I think a label is an important part of the reason a person will reach for that beer on the shelf over others..... lets face it, a Brown Ale is a Brown Ale by style definition, and unless the customer has tried the Brewery before, the label/packaging is the only thing it has going for it.

One brewery I'm thinking of has a rather plain label, more of a sophisticated style I would say,  if I was a newby to the craft beer scene and was quite taken/distracted with a flashier, one could say, more Americanised label, I may reach for them. instead, yet, through experience, this Brewery is incapable of producing a bad beer, they both would be missing out.

At the end of the day, if the newby is serious, they will work their way through the whole range, research and hunt down their beers of preference and enjoy.

Just saying... as they say :)

No comments:

Post a Comment